Saturday, September 21, 2019
2:00 pm - 7:15 pm
Colonial Lake Park
46-54 Ashley Ave
Charleston, SC, 29401
Open to everyone, the Third Annual Chucktown Redfish Roundup will continue its distinction as the only universally accessible saltwater fishing tournament anywhere in the United States.
In the afternoon of Saturday, September 21, 2019, up to 250 saltwater anglers from all walks-of-life and all abilities will again participate side-by-side. Charleston’s most avid anglers will be trying their best to take home the $1,000 top prize. Fishing skills will be on the line, and the more fish you catch the better your odds of taking home the cash. More than $3,000 in prizes will be won!
Within Charleston’s Historic District, Colonial Lake is 10 acres in size and tidal influenced through connection to Charleston Harbor. Huge concrete sidewalks at water’s edge and a recent $5.6 million renovation make Colonial Lake one of the most accessible saltwater fishing venues in the USA.
The weigh-master will award one raffle ticket for each legal sized redfish or other tournament fish species presented at the weigh-in tent. Raffle tickets will be placed into the fishbowl raffle jar at the check-in tent. At the end of the tournament, a raffle will determine $250, $500 and $1,000 winners. Additional tournament prizes will be awarded for the longest (tip to tip) Redfish, Flounder, Whiting, Spotted Sea Trout, and Blue Crab (shell point to point).
Live acoustic music, a silent auction, and games for kids will continue throughout tournament hours.
Home Team BBQ will serve boxed dinners from 5:30pm until 8:00pm (purchased separately).
- Maximum of 250 tournament entries. Online sales close after 250 tickets have sold.
- Online registration fee of $45 per angler available until 12:00pm on September 21, 2019.
- $50 on-site tournament registration opens at 2:00pm on September 21 under the tents at the corner nearest Broad St. and Rutledge Avenue.
- Online registration fee reduced 45% for all anglers presenting a current disability hangtag / parking placard with angler’s photo and/or full legal name. Hangtag and photo I.D. required at tournament check-in.
- Youth 12 and under receive 40% online ticket discount (but only if accompanied by an adult purchasing a ticket).
- Online registration fee reduced 35% for all anglers presenting a Military Active Duty or Veteran I.D.. I.D. required at tournament check-in.
- First 75 registrants to check-in on September 21 will receive a free tournament t-shirt.
Tournament Timing (September 21, 2019):
- Tournament check-in and on-site registration open from 2:00pm under the tents at the corner nearest Broad St. and Rutledge Avenue.
- Captain’s meeting at 3:15pm.
- Tournament fishing begins at 3:30pm and ends at 7:00pm (air horn will sound).
- Fish weigh-master tent opens at 3:35pm and weigh-in ends at 7:10pm.
- Award ceremony begins at 7:15pm.
- Home Team BBQ dinner available from 5:30pm – 8:00pm (under the Hone Team BBQ tents.)
- While fishing, all anglers must wear visible tournament registration number on the outermost layer of clothing. Registration number bibs to be distributed at tournament check-in booth starting at 2:00pm.
- Each tournament angler allowed maximum of one (1) rod, two (2) hooks fished at one time, and two (2) crabbing strings (no traps or nets allowed).
- All fishing equipment must be controlled primarily by the tournament anglers wearing numbered bibs.
- Only legal sized fish will be accepted into the tournament. Undersized fish should be returned to the water in accord with state law.
- Saltwater fishing license is not required for this tournament.
- Register Here!
Proceeds will benefit Charleston’s Paralympic Sports Club, Adaptive Expeditions (AE). AE fulfills a critical mission to use education, sport, and outdoor recreation adventures to empower individuals who have physical and sensory disabilities with technical skills, opportunities, and confidence to maintain active, independent lifestyles. AE builds communities where outdoor adventure seekers and Paralympic hopefuls can share ideas and common experiences, have fun, push limits, and redefine what’s possible. Photos from past years:
Please download and share the flyer below: