Saturday, March 10, 2018
12:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Colonial Lake Park
46-54 Ashley Ave
Charleston, SC, 29401
Open to everyone, the Second Annual Chucktown Redfish Roundup will continue its distinction as the only universally accessible saltwater fishing tournament anywhere in the United States.
On the morning of Saturday, March 10, 2018, up to 400 saltwater anglers from all walks-of-life and all abilities will again participate side-by-side. 80 hungry, legal size, and food-quality Redfish (a.k.a. Red Drum) will be released into Colonial Lake. Tournament anglers that catch one can exchange the fish for a ticket to place into the fishbowl raffle jar. The raffle will determine $250, $500 and $1,000 winners. Additional tournament prizes will be awarded for the longest Flounder, Spotted Sea Trout, and Blue Crab. Charleston’s most avid anglers will be trying their best to take home the $1,000 top prize. Fishing skills will be on the line, and the more fish you catch the better your odds of taking home the cash. Tickets for sale through Eventbrite.
Click Here for the online portion of the silent auction. Items not meeting the reserve price online will be at the event.
For the 2018 tournament, an after-party and dinner will be hosted at the Charleston Visitor Center and Bus Shed (for accessible parking) that same evening. Doors will open at 6:15pm, and dinner will be served at 7:00pm. The Bluestone Ramblers, Charleston’s best bluegrass band will play throughout the evening. Revelry Brewing Co., the Official Beer Sponsor of the Chucktown Redfish Roundup, will be onsite offering a selection of local brews.
Tournament Timing (March 10, 2018):
- Tournament check-in and on-site registration open from 12:00pm under the tents at the corner nearest Broad St. and Rutledge Avenue.
- Captain’s meeting at 1:15pm.
- Tournament fishing begins at 1:20pm and ends at 4:45pm.
- Fish weigh-master tent opens at 1:25pm and weigh-in ends at 5:00pm.
- Award ceremony begins at 5:10pm.
- Dinner, After-Party & Silent Auction at Charleston Visitor Center begins at 6:15pm and will end at 10:00pm. (Ticket required.)
- While fishing, all anglers must wear visible tournament registration number on the outermost layer of clothing. Registration number bibs to be distributed at tournament check-in booth starting at 12:00pm.
- Each tournament angler allowed maximum of one (1) rod, two (2) hooks fished at one time, and two (2) crabbing strings (no traps or nets allowed).
- All fishing equipment must be controlled primarily by the tournament anglers wearing numbered bibs.
- Only legal sized fish will be accepted into the tournament. Undersized fish should be returned to the water in accord with state law.
Proceeds will benefit Charleston’s Paralympic Sports Club, Adaptive Expeditions (AE). AE fulfills a critical mission to use education, sport, and outdoor recreation adventures to empower individuals who have physical and sensory disabilities with technical skills, opportunities, and confidence to maintain active, independent lifestyles. AE builds communities where outdoor adventure seekers and Paralympic hopefuls can share ideas and common experiences, have fun, push limits, and redefine what’s possible. Tickets for sale through Eventbrite Photos from the 2017 Chucktown Redfish Roundup:
Sponsorship opportunities are currently available.
Current Gold Sponsors: